DIY Doctor

Main navigation

How do I repair a sunken fibreglass waterfeature

Postby keithh44 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 pm

Pond Sump and catchment area.png
Imagine a metre dia. disk of fibreglass with a 3" upturn and rollover at the edge sitting flat in a circle of bricks . Now imagine a 14" cube of fibreglass in the middle going down underneath. That's the sump where the pump sits. Over the years the outer edge of the catchment disk has sunk so that about an inch of water all round builds up before it tips over the edge of and back into the sump. I don't particularly want to dig it all out and reset it. Is there a product that I can use to spread into the catchment ring such that there is a slight fall from the outer edge back into the middle?

There is also a crack in one corner of the sump about 4" from the top - can I use the same stuff if it exists. Whatever it is it will have to be able to stick to shiny old fibreglass
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:50 am


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics