how to combine stove back boiler with oil heating?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
nflynn
Labourer
Labourer

how to combine stove back boiler with oil heating?

Post by nflynn » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:54 am

Hi, i currently have oil heating in my home but i'm now going to put in a stove with back boiler. is it possible to use to 2 o/p's from back boiler to connnect to one coil in h/w cylinder(oil heating other coil) and use the other 2 outputs of the back boiler to connect to my raditors?(in conjunction with the oil heating the rads). I've seen something similar with 1 gravity radiator but i wish to connect all radiators. Does this make sense or am i missing something? Any help appreciated.

andycap
Labourer
Labourer

Stove back boiler with oil boiler

Post by andycap » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:55 pm

Hi what you need is a Dunsley Barker Neutralizer - a friend has one and it works a treat.

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

Post by peter the plumber » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:21 pm

I do understand what your trying to do, but I feel that you are wasting your time.

Oil is on the way out and I would suggest that you look at “Ground source heating systemsâ€

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:26 pm

I connected a oil boiler in tandem with an Aga many years ago, and I believe it is still in use.

Realistically, the back boiler probably won't have much capacity other than to supply hot water. I assume the stove is solid fuel? If so the it can only have a gravity type system. This is because if the pump was to fail (power cut say), the water could boil. Consideration must be given to this possibility anyway.

I don't think this is a system that can be just put together without proper consideration to design and safety.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:00 am