How to Deal With Damp Patches High up on Corner Lounge wall
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Chenbas27
Labourer
Labourer

How to Deal With Damp Patches High up on Corner Lounge wall

by Chenbas27 » Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:06 am

Hi,

I've noticed some large damp patches near upper corner of lounge wall. I have mould remover spray which I've used for small mould spots, do you know if this would work on a larger damp patch? I think the spray might have also caused the wall to flake a bit when I used it previously on some mould spots. My contract does say I should notify landlord if there's damp, but ideally would rather just fix it myself.

I read that patches higher up indicate there's an issue with water penetrating from outside, is that correct?

Thanks,

Mike

HandSlander
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: How to Deal With Damp Patches High up on Corner Lounge wall

by HandSlander » Sun May 03, 2020 9:50 am

You probably know this but the mould spray will only deal with killing the mould spores, the damp problem needs to be addressed as the damp will be damaging the building and causing health issues.

Can you send a photo of the outside wall? it may be damaged guttering or downpipes causing water to run onto the wall and soaking through.

Chenbas27
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to Deal With Damp Patches High up on Corner Lounge wall

by Chenbas27 » Sun May 03, 2020 9:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. It's a pain uploading an image on here. My roof bedroom is above the lounge, no issues in the same corner there. Im in a terrace so another house is adjacent to the wall. I can check outside tomorrow.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:03 pm