DIY Doctor

How to Decorate Small Sized Bedroom to Make it Look Large?

Postby elenagilbert » Wed May 30, 2018 11:03 am

Hi i was wondering what should i do to make my room look larger. I have many things like wall hanging and plant decorating but it stills does not look as large as i want. Can anyone suggest me what should i do?
elenagilbert
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby homedesigner12 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey,
Do you have a picture of the space you'd referring to? It's hard to give great advice if you don't know exactly how the room looks. But, in general, if you remove clutter from the bedroom and don't have overly large furniture in the space it should appear larger. Also, painting the bedroom a neutral color should add room to the space as well. Dark colors can make a room feel much smaller than it actually is.
homedesigner12
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby Oceanpassion » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:26 pm

Make your bedroom look larger just follow these steps.
• Keep your bedroom furniture in scale.
• Hang mirrors
• Nothing makes a bedroom look as small and cramped as clutter. One of the easiest ways to open up your space is cut clutter. And keep your space simple.
• Try a light palette. Choose your color wisely and paint with light hues.
• Match window treatment to the walls. Two-toned walls can add dimension to a space.
• Choose zebra-print carpeting for a bigger impact.

Hope this helps
Oceanpassion
Progress to next rank:
0%

Postby pjohnson1970 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:02 pm

Hi, some key points I think that work are :

Keep furniture to a minimum and make sure the furniture is relevant to the room.
Paint the bedroom using a neutral colour
Also hand mirrors the effect they have are unbelievable.
pjohnson1970
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!