DIY Doctor

Main navigation

How to fill gap between two bricks

Postby joanna1996 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:45 pm

Hoping for some help.

I was removing a piece of skirting board which had been used to hold up a shelf in my 121 first floor tenement flat. When pulling it off I found that it had been attached to the wall using wooden wedges that had been wedged between a gap in the red brickwork. The wooden wedge was approximately the size of a door stop wedge. The space now left between the two bricks is approximately 5-6cm.

I was hoping to fill/fix this gap before replastering the wall. Any advice on how to fill or fix the issue?

Many thanks,

Joanna
Attachments
brick 2.jpg
brick 1.jpg
joanna1996
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:49 pm

Hi joanna1996,
Looks like you have a concrete render on the wall so buy a small packet of render mix (must be with sharp sand) and fill the gap in the bricks and render enough so you can plaster once the render has set. Suggest you trim back the roots and treat the cut ends with a stump killer before you start.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!