How to Fix Gap above Insulated Plasterboard that has Been Damp Since Installation
Ask your questions and find answers on many subjects relating to plastering and dry lining

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AndyB19
Labourer
Labourer

How to Fix Gap above Insulated Plasterboard that has Been Damp Since Installation

by AndyB19 » Sun Aug 30, 2015 7:54 pm

I had a room dry lined with insulated plasterboard 2 years ago, to make it warmer. However the builder didn't do a very good job, as there was one area where the plaster never dried, see picture. I had the roof checked, but it is fine (no damp coming through). 6 months ago I chiselled the plaster away in the area that never dried, to find that the builder had cut the insulated plaster board too short in that area, and had filled the gap with mortar, which didn't dry and then the plaster on top of it subsequently never dried. I have removed all the mortar he used to stuff the gap, however some of the plasterboard has come away too.

I'm now left with this hole and not sure how to fill & repair it? The area is 1 metre long, and max 150mm down, and the plasterboard originally used was 32.5mm deep approx (builder used dot & dap approach to fix it to the brick). We are hoping to sell soon, so just want to patch it up, rather than take the whole board down.
image.jpg

Any suggestions re how to fix this would be great.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to Fix Gap above Insulated Plasterboard that has Been Damp Since Installation

by welsh brickie » Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:41 pm

fill it with expanding foam, its waterproof, and has high insulation properties

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:03 am