How to incorporate pine furniture into a nice room?!
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sailormads
Labourer
Labourer

How to incorporate pine furniture into a nice room?!

by Sailormads » Sun May 15, 2016 11:19 am

Hi all
My boyfriend and I are lucky enough to be given the opportunity to renovate a house over this summer, which we will be moving into. We're obviously not made of money so his mum has allowed us to take his furniture from his room at home to get us started, whether we want to keep it or use it in a spare room once we have found our own furniture.
Now his furniture is pine, not an antique/vintage pine but with quite a new feel to it (picture would not upload for some reason). I had envisaged our bedroom as being quite light and airy, it's a farmhouse so wanted to embrace the country aspect. It's a big room, and while I could see this furniture working well in the smaller spare room I just don't know how it would work in our room. I was hoping for light furniture , picking out some colours with brighter cushions/throws etc but will this work with pine?
I floated the idea of painting it yesterday, but that went down like a lead balloon...
Has anyone done any projects with pine furniture unpainted that looks good?
Any advice much appreciated!

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: How to incorporate pine furniture into a nice room?!

by diydoctor6 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:57 am

Tricky one, if painting is off the 'menu'! Have a look at the colour theory of design to get you started:

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/colour-theory.htm

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 5:19 am