How to Renew Wheels of Minivator 950 Stairlift?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
liftdoctor

How to Renew Wheels of Minivator 950 Stairlift?

by liftdoctor » Fri Nov 22, 2019 8:14 pm

I bought a new set of rollers for my minivator 950 stairlift. How can I get the old wheels out? Is there perhaps a repair manual to download?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to Renew Wheels of Minivator 950 Stairlift?

by ericmark » Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:17 pm

Had stair lift at father-in-laws and mothers house, mothers I had to power stair lift off the rail, or use hand crank, father-in-law there was a mills pin at top, removed mills pin and the racks would slide out, then you could push chair to top together with last length of rack.

Both to me were poor quality, mothers went around a bend so could not see bottom from top, and you had to extend arm blind before you could come down, rather dangerous, and father-in-laws it was simply plugged in, and he unplugged it and left the battery become discharged and got it stuck half way up, there was no manual crank so only way to move it I could find was to buy new batteries. The agents would not tell me how to move it. Only found mills pin latter.

Looking at pictures it looks like father-in-laws one, so mills pin at top, and rack is simply slotted down the rail profile.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 6:31 pm