How to Repair Leaky Toilet Pipe Leaking Nearly a Pint of Water Overnight?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
londonguy33
Labourer
Labourer

How to Repair Leaky Toilet Pipe Leaking Nearly a Pint of Water Overnight?

by londonguy33 » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi good people of DIY Dr!

I'm new here, and i need some advice please.

Im a makeshift homeowner as my old man is away at the moment and wont return for a week or so.

I've attempted to attach an image of a leaking toilet pipe that is dripping up to a point of water over night.

How can I prevent this from occuring? do i need to seek help from a plumber and if so, does it need to be changed? how much would calling out a plumber cost me?

Any help advice would be appreciated. Also, if this wasnt the right place to ask this my apologies - please let me know where i should be asking this question.

Get back to me.

Cheers >> Jeet.
Attachments
Plumbing Toilet Pipe.jpg

thedoctor

Re: How to Repair Leaky Toilet Pipe Leaking Nearly a Pint of Water Overnight?

by thedoctor » Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:02 pm

Tricky one Jeet, we need to be sure we have the right pipe first.

Take the lid off the cistern and flush the toilet. Does the water then start refilling the cistern from this pipe? IE is this incoming water pipe to the cistern?

The only other thing it could be is the overflow pipe from the cistern and if this is the case it means the instructions for repair are entirely different.

mytoiletspares
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to Repair Leaky Toilet Pipe Leaking Nearly a Pint of Water Overnight?

by mytoiletspares » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:26 am

Install a pipe clamp specifically designed to fix leaking pipes. These clamps have a rubber gasket attached permanently inside the clamp, which itself is designed to fit around the leaky pipe. Simply place the clamp over the hole and tighten the integral screws, holding it in place and making a permanent seal.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:04 pm