how to tackle damp
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
liam.raffo@hotmail.co.uk
Labourer
Labourer

how to tackle damp

by liam.raffo@hotmail.co.uk » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:19 am

hi
we live in a mid terrace and have a damp problem! i was woundering the best method on how to get rid of it? The problem is also that its around the fireplace and i was woundering if any special procedures have to be undertaken?
has anyone got any good sites to look at also?
thanks

locofox
Labourer
Labourer

by locofox » Wed Jun 27, 2007 6:18 pm

Depends how bad the problem is and where the damp is coming from, i.e. rising damp or from somewhere else.
If the damp is bad and has damaged the plaster then it will have to be hacked off and new installed. A chemical injection fluid has to be installed into the wall before the new plaster is put on this stopps the damp from rising. Check to see whether there is a gap between the plaster and the floor as the plaster will soak up moisture and could be the problem, if there isn't a gap then hack of some of the plaster near the floor to break the damps path up the wall.

dcmoore
Ganger
Ganger

free advice

by dcmoore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:40 pm

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:43 am