I Need to fix This Manual Tyre Changer to the Ground

Postby Jumanji95 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:33 pm

I need to put 4 anchor/rawl bolts throught the 4 holes in the base of the tyre changer (see the pic) and fix it to some thick concrete. trouble is I don't have a garage only a grass area and thin paving slabs like in the second pic attached which I think are too thin and will obviously split. Thick concrete only will work I think.
What do I do?
Can I lay a small patch of very thick concrete on the grassy area (immovable when dries hopefully) and then fix the tyre changer to chat with the anchor bolts?
Attachments
thintiles2.jpg
tiles
thintiles2.jpg (7.88 KiB) Viewed 175 times
tc965.jpg
tyre changer
Jumanji95
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby Skid Sprocket » Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:44 pm

Jumanji95 wrote:I need to put 4 anchor/rawl bolts throught the 4 holes in the base of the tyre changer (see the pic) and fix it to some thick concrete. trouble is I don't have a garage only a grass area and thin paving slabs like in the second pic attached which I think are too thin and will obviously split. Thick concrete only will work I think.
What do I do?
Can I lay a small patch of very thick concrete on the grassy area (immovable when dries hopefully) and then fix the tyre changer to chat with the anchor bolts?

I would suggest making a full concrete base to cover all 4 holes in one piece. Something you might also want to consider is making the base large enough to allow you to stand on the base while working at the machine.
Skid Sprocket
Progress to next rank:
73.1%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!