i want to build a toilet under the staircase...help
Re-generate an old or tired space and give it a fresh breath of life. Click here for answers, information and tips

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
imiahmed
Labourer
Labourer

i want to build a toilet under the staircase...help

by imiahmed » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:27 pm

i wish to build a toilet under the staircaseand put in a wash basin . the old toilet is 10 feet away in the next room. how do i do this, the room under the stairs is big enough, but dont know what materials i would need..ie partion wall or normal plaster board secured on to stairwell etc.. please someone help me. i beleive i would need to dig up the concrete from the old waste pipe? am i right or not..

what materials would i need..

iracadio
Apprentice
Apprentice

by iracadio » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:56 pm

Hi there mate.

A couple of things you need to do.

1st thing is to transfer that soil pipe underneath the stairs so you could either take up the floor and lay the soil pipe via the floor joist or if you have concrete you could always run the pipe along a wall and box them in nicely with mdf and make it look like a shelf or long seat. Remembering that your fall needs to be 1:40 for your 100mm and I would say a bit steeper at 1:30 for your 32mm sink waste.

Now I think if its a second toilet in the house no need for a building control officer to sign it off but check with local council Ive found they are very helpful.

Now a partition wall will need to be built along with a door opening and plastered on both sides. You can always tape and joint plaster if your doing it yourself.I would recommend ply behind the plasterboard where your going to fix the sink or toilet too other wise dont bother unless your toilet cabinets are heavy.

Hope this has helped

Isaac

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:15 am

If you type the key words of your question into our search box to the left of the site you may find the answer is already posted or is in the DIY projects section of the website. Every post goes through a monitoring process and using the search box may speed up your answer.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:54 am