Im worried about the quality of work
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
ferduse
Labourer
Labourer

Im worried about the quality of work

by ferduse » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

I am in the process of having my house wired, i have had a few run ins with my electrician and am concerened about the quality of his work, he fitted some lights and sockets lastweek, but nothing works it keeps tripping, he hasnt finished the job but i am concerened that how will i know if he has done it properly, my concerns are electrical faults may cause a fire or something, i just need some advice on this, thanks

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:44 pm

ferduse,
Unless you are going to kick him off site, you will have to let him finish the job and he should supply you with test certicates for any work carried out.
If things are still not right when he's finished get in touch with whatever body he is registered with (it should be on the certificates).
end

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:42 am

Since 2004 all electricians who install new circuits which of course one has to with rewire need to either inform local authority building control before starting or be a member of one of the self-certifying organisations.

In the main this means cow boys have to work illegally. So find out who he is registered with and any complaints give them a ring. If he is not registered then talk to county council about your concerns.

ferduse
Labourer
Labourer

by ferduse » Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks, to both of you, i will wait until he has completed the job and obtained a certificate, I have checked and he is on the local authority part P register, and is registered with NICEIC, not sure what this means though.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 6:56 pm