I’ve attached some photos of the dining room in our Victorian semi (dimensions 3.0m x 3.7m). We did a little bit of renovation in this room when we moved in (mainly plastering/painting plus taking up carpet and putting down laminate), but now it’s time to improve it further.
Since many of you out there have much better design heads than us, I thought I’d ask opinions.
Things we’re considering:
1. Take out the electric heater and replace with an empty fireplace + improve the fireplace surround.
2. Take out the bookshelves either side of the fireplace and replace with alcove cupboards + floating shelves.
3. Add a small cupboard under the stairs.
4. Replace the table with a smaller version (eg square that extends), with benches rather than chairs.
5. Possibly add a window into the west-facing wall (where the clock is), for lots more light.
Any advice on the above, or suggestions to maximise storage and/or fit a Victorian style, warmly appreciated.
DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!