in -line voltage landscaping lights
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
pshah
Labourer
Labourer

in -line voltage landscaping lights

by pshah » Sat May 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi
Can some one advise me regarding the landscape path lights. I am going to install 10 path lights powered by 120 volts supply. Do I need to use a junction box - how to decide how many? Also, does the wiring need to be run in a conduit? If I want to install the lights with on/off switch instead of using photo switch, what do I need to do?

Thanks in antcipation,

Pankaj

ericmark

by ericmark » Sun May 25, 2008 1:57 am

We are all based in the UK and our regulations are different to other countries so we could lead you up the garden path trying to instruct you on your system. We have 230 volt considered as low voltage except for construction sites where split phase 55-0-55 volt is used considered as reduced low voltage. Extra low voltage would normally be 12 volt. And the lights can differ in quality so much from air craft ground lights to silly little spot lights with some two cables can enter each fitting with others junction boxes will be required. It would be unusual to use conduit as it would be likely to fill with water. Steel wire armored would be the normal way to wire outside ground lights. I wonder where you are using 120 volt supply?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:42 pm