Indoor storage solution... for outdoors!
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
emmajess
Labourer
Labourer

Indoor storage solution... for outdoors!

by emmajess » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:07 pm

Hi there. I'm moving home, back to my parents' and the only place I can store my clothes is in the garage.

I don't want my clothes to rot or go mouldy, I am investigating having a wardrobe built inside the garage, but all quotes so far are prohibitively expensive.
1. Can anyone recommend a company who might supply/build a carcass
2. Can anyone recommend a place where I could buy wardrobes of the correct messurements to save bespoke expense (198cm height x 258cm total width (could be 3x86cm) x 53cm depth
3. Do I need to have the wardrobes/carcass insulated? Vented?

Appreciate your help, thank you!

nerd_biker
Apprentice
Apprentice

by nerd_biker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:06 pm

If you are only storing the clothes your best bet is to seal them away in vacuum pack bags, such as these: Google "7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_8&products_id=109992"

It will mean having your clothes pressed or ironed to removed the creases once you get them out of storage but at least they will be safe. Plus it's a lot cheaper than building a wardrobe as you could store the bags on ordinary shelf units if you want them off the floor.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 11, 2024 12:24 am