Installing integrated appliances in kitchen
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
millieminder
Apprentice
Apprentice

Installing integrated appliances in kitchen

by millieminder » Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 pm

The new kitchen is going in well, but we are a bit stumped by the integrated dishwasher and washing machine being only 820mm high, when the units are 870mm. How do we deal with this difference? They don't seem to have long legs to screw out - just little adjuster ones at the front. They are Electrolux appliances, purchased from Wickes with a Wickes kitchen.

Any guidance appreciated...

Thanks

vroooOOOM
Labourer
Labourer

by vroooOOOM » Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:51 pm

I would check back with Wickes, they may require fitting into an appliance unit to lift.
Don't fit the doors yet untill your completly satified its correct otherwise you'll have more problems later on.

Hope this helps.

millieminder
Apprentice
Apprentice

by millieminder » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi VroooOOOM

Thanks for your help. After a bit of further reading of the small print, I find that the two appliances have different requirements.

The dishwasher has longish legs that you can wind up - you can reach the front two from the front, and the central back one is connected to an adjuster, also accessible from the front.

The washing machine has to be placed on a suitable solid plinth, and the front legs allow for a little micro-adjustment for level.

I dread ever having to bring the washing machine out - or worse, put it back in. It is so heavy, and the tolerances around it are tiny, so any deviation from a straight line would cause it to jam. I think I'll try and get a second plinth made, to put in front of the permanent one, so the machine can be slid out onto it, and then pushed back in all on the level.

I hope these musings help someone else. Even if it just helps them to decide to live with 'ordinary' appliances that have done me fine for 25 years so far. These ones seem like too much hassle!

Cheers

MM

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:45 pm

Discover how easy it is to find vetted and insured tradesman local to your area with the help of DIY Doctor. Visit our Find a Tradesman area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:52 am