Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mykeie
Labourer
Labourer

Installing new bath and thermostatic mixer shower

Post by mykeie » Wed Apr 20, 2022 9:07 am

Hi everyone hope you are all well.
First post here after reading some of the kind help and advice you give others in need.
Here goes, I am installing a new bath and wall thermostatic mixer shower, (the bathroom is next to the combi boiler) the bath will be in the same place but I will be swapping ends due to the tap end being situated half over the window? I have 22mm pipes running under the floorboards to the bath, these pipes come off a T from 15mm pipework form my combi boiler (I assume at some point there was a header tank feeding the bathroom which improved the flow rate to the bath?) so my question can I T off the 22mm bath pipes with 15mm pipe to feed the mixer shower, I will keep the 22mm pipe to feed the 22mm bath taps that I already have?

Thanks M

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Installing new bath and thermostatic mixer shower

Post by stoneyboy » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:58 pm

Hi mykeie,
Feeding the shower in 15mm should be ok but if you can check the dynamic flow pressure and the specification of the shower mixer.
Regards S

mykeie
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Installing new bath and thermostatic mixer shower

Post by mykeie » Fri Apr 22, 2022 2:00 pm

Hi thanks for the reply very much appreciated. I have a Vaillant combi running at 1.5 bar. The Mixer shower spec =Thermostatic shower system that cuts out the risk of scalding
Working pressure between 0.5 to 5.0 bar. 15mm inlet pipes.

Hope this helps

M

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 11:17 am