Installing re cliamed Maple floor
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AndrewTabern
Labourer
Labourer

by AndrewTabern » Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:21 pm

I would like some tips on laying a re-claimed squah court on a solid ground floor slab. Has anybody done this previousley and has anybody out there any suggestions?

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Wed May 16, 2007 9:07 pm

Take a look at the project on the webiste on engineered hardwood flooring Andrew. Click through on the link above. Ask the sponsors of this project for their advice on this idea and they should be able to help you.

MarkT
Labourer
Labourer

by MarkT » Fri May 18, 2007 3:21 pm

If you are going to fit the Maple flooring to a solid substrate you will need to check the moisture content of the substrate to ensure that there is not too much moisture in it otherwise you will need to use a moisture suppressant before fixing the floor. MC should be no more than 35% R.H

I would dtrongly recommend that you acclimatise the wood in the area that you are going to fix it so that you minimise the maovement once it is fixed. The best product that I have found for fixing solid floors to solid substrates is an adhesive called Rewmar. These guys also have a video on their web site which shows how to lay a solid wood floor onto concrete.

If you need a moisture suppressant I would recommend a product called Creom which is a non hazardous product unlike 2 part epoxies.

The doctors sugestion that you look at engineered flooring installation will be misleading and a waste of time.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 9:58 am