installing s trap toilet
Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
randomrob
Labourer
Labourer

installing s trap toilet

by randomrob » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:35 pm

Hi just wondered what everyone thought the best way to install an s trap toilet was? I've done a few p traps but do not have enough space for one in my new bathroom.

I will be installing it on floorboards covered in aquapanel then covered in tiles. The joists are 7" which will give me enough 'drop' as the 110mm waste pipe will have to travel about 2.5m under the floorboards to the soil stack.

I thought that i could cut a hole in the floor for a 90degree pan connector and 'rest' the edges on the tiles with some sealant but am unsure if this will hold. If anyone knows the best way to attach the pan connector to the toilet through the floorboards any advice would be gratefully received.
thanks
rob

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:00 am

"I thought that i could cut a hole in the floor for a 90degree pan connector and 'rest' the edges on the tiles with some sealant but am unsure if this will hold. If anyone knows the best way to attach the pan connector to the toilet through the floorboards any advice would be gratefully received."

You dont want the flange supporting the weight of the soil pipe but theres nothing wrong in using the flange to effectively seal the hole.

You'll have to work out exactly where the soil pipe needs to be after having calculated tile and addy depth etc etc. After much messing about you'll find it won't work so I secure the soil pipe without worrying too much. I then use an extender piece into which the pan connector will fit. Tile and then offer up the pan for connection. The extension piece can be trimmed to fit afterwards so that the pan connector sits exactly where you want it both horizontally and vertically.

Cheers

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:26 am