Insulating Roof With Kindspan to Reduce Moisture and Condensation
Information, help, tips and advice on cavity walls, ceilings and lofts etc....

Chris-Jay
Labourer
Labourer

Insulating Roof With Kindspan to Reduce Moisture and Condensation

by Chris-Jay » Sat May 18, 2019 10:44 pm

Hi all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me on insulating my roof. I've been to a few websites and I've had a bit of conflicting advice. Here is the relevant information:

I have Kingspan insulation panels, 100mm thick.

The roof is flat, with an exterior surface of fibreglass, which rests atop OSB, which rests atop timber joists.

The shed is 6m x 5m and constructed of single skin breeze block.

The floor is of poured concrete.

It has one standard sized door and the only ventilation is when I leave the door open, or the two small windows above the door. Other than the entire shed itself not being airtight of course.

I intend spending a good few hours in there each day because I am doing carpentry/woodworking projects. So I need to keep the condensation and moisture down to manageable levels because even now, some of my tools are starting to show spots of rust and it's only been a few months.

If it helps, the block walls have been rendered. And the floor has had DPM fitted.

I've supplied a pic of one of three possible configurations, and so far (C) seems to be the popular recommendation at 2 recommendations to 1 for (A).

So with all the above information, which configuration would you say is best for me to manage condensation/moisture levels? I don't want to fit the Kingpsan the wrong way and have water vapour ruin things.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks all.

It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:43 pm