Integrated Dishwasher that Leaks Steam
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
AidanNeedsAHand
Labourer
Labourer

Integrated Dishwasher that Leaks Steam

Post by AidanNeedsAHand » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:34 am

Hello,

would be very grateful for any advice on an integrated dishwasher that leaks steam. The steam is condensing on the kitchen cabinet above the dishwasher. Droplets are hanging from the underside of the counter and it is generally very damp there. I'm worried that over time this will damage the countertop, which is MDF board.

This is a new machine that was installed for me by the retailer about ten days ago. I suppose either the machine has an issue or the fitting was not well done, or both.

Do you think a DIY solution to try to protect the cabinet from the steam (like adding extra protective tape) would work? I have no knowledge of these things myself. I am trying to get the retailer to look at it, but they are not being responsive.

Thank you
Aidan.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Integrated Dishwasher that Leaks Steam

Post by stoneyboy » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:42 pm

Hi adrianneedsahand
When buying a new kitchen it is normal for a vapour proof sheet to be supplied to be stuck under the worktop above a dishwasher. It is generally accepted that hot steam will come out of a dishwasher at the end of its programme. This is the case especially where the door is opened immediately when the cycle is finished. Some machines now open automatically at the end of the programme so a lot of steam will escape.
You may get away with a narrow strip of vapour barrier on the edge of the worktop - depends how far back the steam travels.
Regards So

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:51 pm