interior floor divider/sill
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

dtomo
Labourer
Labourer

interior floor divider/sill

by dtomo » Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:46 pm

I have a section in my house which runs from the back doorway through the hall and into the lounge which is covered in a wood effect lino floor tile laid on top of some old quarry tiles. I have taken up all of this mess in the lounge area and have broken up and removed all the tiles and the old tile adhesive and cement that it was bedded on. I have had some nice new tiles relaid in the lounge but where the floor ran through from the back hallway into the lounge there is a doorway. Now in the centre of this doorway I have a strip about as wide as a sill which is just bare concrete where the old tiled/lino floor ends and the new tiles in my lounge also stop ( the two sides and top of the door casing are still in and with a door hung on it which I will be keeping ). I would like to use an oak sill if this is at all possible as a floor divider and if so how do I go about getting one and how do I fix it to the concrete floor please ?
Please can anybody help me ?
Many thanks
Dan
[/url]

It is currently Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:42 pm