DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Internal Door Fitting to Metal Door Frames

Postby shannahigans » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:55 pm

First time poster, I hope I've put this in the right forum.

I bought my house a year ago and I've finally had the majority of all the work I need done on the house now. However I have things that my contractor wouldn't do.

My door frames are completely metal, I've scraped off the paint and every single one in the house is metal. I need to replace the door in my living room because we have a dog and a cat who don't get on.
When I took the door off, the bolts that held the door to the metal frame were misplaced. I've tried searching for a replacement but I must not be using the right name for them and I can't find an equivalent in B&Q.

What I need is a door hinge that uses a bolt to hold the door in place. I really don't want to have to take off the whole door frame. I'm not that skilled. It means that basically every frame in the house has to be redone.

Does anyone know what the name of the bolt I'm looking for? Any direction would be helpful.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:44 pm


Simply Build It

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics