Internal hollow door warped, now doesn't close tight against door stop
Kitchens, doors, rails, stud, tables, chairs, stair cases, garden furniture etc... Find answers and ask questions here!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
itisgeorge
Labourer
Labourer

Internal hollow door warped, now doesn't close tight against door stop

by itisgeorge » Mon Mar 30, 2020 11:57 am

Hello all,

Hung a new Wickes internal hollow panel door mid about 5 days ago to replace a bedroom door, and also reversed the swing and adjusted the door stops to cater for this.

All was good, fitted the hinges, handles, latch and strike plate and thought I'd made a lovely job of my first door hanging.

However today I noticed the door wasn't shutting properly without you pushing (or pulling depending on which side you're on) more than you should normally to close a door.

It appears the middle of the door has warped out of shape and now isn't tight up against the door stop; but the top and bottom is.

Despite my hopes, I'm assuming this won't correct itself and not really sure why it has happened. The door was left a few days out of its packaging before hanging to acclimatise so not sure what I've done wrong. Any rookie mistakes that would cause this?

My next move was to fit a third hinge in the center as putting some force around that area when shutting seems to improve things.

Ideas?

All the best,

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Internal hollow door warped, now doesn't close tight against door stop

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:45 pm

Hi it is George,
Suggest you move the door stops to suit the warped door shape..
Regards S.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:57 pm