INVERTERS
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
BILL.J.R
Labourer
Labourer

INVERTERS

Post by BILL.J.R » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Hello
I need advice please. I have just converted my vertical bandsaw to cut wood and metal with a inverter 3 phase, the motor I have is a 1400 RPM and the makers claim that it will stand up to increaseing the almost double by increaseing the hertz on the inverter but my inverter want allow me past 50 hertz which I need to do to get the RPM for wood cutting.
Any help please, regards, BILL.J.R

Myford_Paul
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Myford_Paul » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 am

You may have to adjust the devices parameters from factory to give over 50hz, I did with my 2hp Teco which now can let me run up to 200hz (5600 rpm).
Have both my Myford and my Taylor mill running on one :D with a remote control.
I had to read the manual **very** thoroughly to learn how to adjust it my only suggestion is for you to do the same.
Its been some time but from memory my Teco settings were adjusted like this:
Press DSP then FUN select the parameter from the list in the handbook press DATA/ENT and use arrow keys to adjust then DATA/ENT to save settings.
to change speed "on the fly" simply press arrow buttons up or down.

Good luck

Paul

BILL.J.R
Labourer
Labourer

Post by BILL.J.R » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:27 am

Thank you Paul
Just what I needed, off now to punch a few buttons.

Best regards, Bill

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by ericmark » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:04 pm

Inverters are a real pain as every one seems to have something different. Some need special controllers to access all functions and even then can fail to do want you want.

I was using an inverter to power a harmonic arm which required very careful control and in the end the only way I could get an inverter to give the control required was to get a motor and inverter combined (SWF). Even inverters of same make have different methods of control including direct connection to Probus or other similar program.

Only way is to read instructions and try.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:33 am