Is my boiler installation correct
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
snifferdoggy
Labourer
Labourer

by snifferdoggy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:45 pm

I've just let my property and my letting agent informed me that the old Ideal boiler that was located in the kitchen was knackered and would need replacing. He arranged for one of his rcommended boiler fitting contractors to carry out the work. I found out the fitter put the boiler in the upstairs bedroom where the tank was and left the pipework in the kitchen exposed.

I want to tell the agent to instruct his contractor to put the new boiler where the old one was as this should have been the case to start with. Do I have grounds and should I have to pay for the repositioning. NB I had an independent Engineer inspect the contractors work and not everything was up to scratch. Internal wall not sealed around flue, Electrical wiring exposed next to boiler, old pipework for old tank not capped.

Can anyone help, i'm desperate!!!

stuart2106@fsmail.net
Labourer
Labourer

by stuart2106@fsmail.net » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:36 pm

I am a CORGI Registered Engineer and I would never re-site a boiler without firstly obtaining consent from the customer. Most CORGI Registered Engineers are very professional and discuss fully the work they are about to carry out before starting, so I think you have a valid complaint. But who to?

So lets think. Every year CORGI Engineers are inspected to ensure they are competant and that their work comes up to standard. A CORGI Inspector insists on viewing at least three of your jobs and will grill you on all aspects of gas safety. In short we have to prove we do quality work. And do you know CORGI have the power to force us to put things right if we make a mess of it! OR YOUR OUT! Simple...So my advice to you is to put your concerns to the body which holds this power. Find out the engineers name and phone CORGI. Thats if he was CORGI Registerd. If he wasn't, he and your Agent are well and truly in the... CORGI will help you, don't worry. Oh and by the way your engineer also has to be a member of the CORGI Electrical Self Certification scheme to carry out the electrics, or it has to be done by an Approved Electrician, which I also am. I suspect he is niether....So having stocked your Arsnal, I wish you well. Most of us are professional.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:49 pm