Is my Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler's eco option worth it?
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dartiss
Labourer
Labourer

Is my Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler's eco option worth it?

by dartiss » Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:32 pm

I'm using a Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler, which includes an eco option, which switched off the pre-warming of water.

With it turned off it can take quite some time for hot water to come through - regularly a good few minutes, particularly to upstairs. Bearing in mind how long it takes each time, I'm wondering how much advantage I'm getting from it. During those few minutes the boiler is on and water is flowing, all of which is being wasted.

I'd love to experiment over time to get a better idea but with gas prices how they are I'd prefer to be able to cut straight to it. Has anybody looked at this or generally have any thoughts on it?

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Is my Worcester Bosch Greenstar boiler's eco option worth it?

by ericmark » Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:59 am

I found if using a shower with eco off it would go from cold to hot to cold again and then hot again, so eco setting was good when using shower.

However with sink setting the tap anything other than full on would not energise the boiler so no hot water with eco on, had to switch it off to get hot water without it splashing out of sink.

So with all lever taps likely eco will work OK, but with old taps likely eco needs to be off or you will simply get no hot water at sinks.

Eco clearly refers to gas use not water use, as with eco on you use more water except for shower.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1