DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Is there a machine that can do the same as digging a trench

Postby fiiido » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:10 pm

I need to run utilities from the house to the back of the garden. The ideal run would be along one side of the house but that would go under a concrete floor garage.

Is there a mechanical tool that can bore the hole not only under the garage but also all the way or at least avoid digging a trench the whole way?

I can do with a smaller waste pipe if I use a saniflow system to avoifd using the large bore usual waste pipe.

I am thinkiing of the mess caused if a trench is dug. The length of the run would be 30-40metres some of it under bushes.

Thanks for any advice and if anyone can provide approx cost comparisons of the 2 options that would help.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:05 pm


Simply Build It

Postby welsh brickie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:14 am

you can hire a mole usually used for new water main installation.Its a hydralic ram that pushes its way through the ground.
Or you can hire a micro excavator with a 300mm bucket.
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2612
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics