DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Is this a foul or rainwater drain?

Postby ric1982 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:14 am


I am new to this forum so please bare with me. My apologies if its in wrong section.

I was wondering if someone can help identify the drain type at the back of the house (in garden).

Does it looks like foul or rain water drain? In one picture you can see there is a rodding point (black squre cover) which goes to foul drain. Does it mean this one is rain water?
The pipe work in under the building.

The black pipe is from roof gutter while the gray one is from kitchen. (which makes it difficult to judge for me)

There are no mention of this drain opening in the architect drawings.

Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:09 am


Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:11 pm

Hi ric1982
You will have to do some detective work. There should be an inspection chamber somewhere along your foul drains system. Open this and run the tap in the kitchen - this will identify whether the rainwater and kitchen pipes are connected to the foul drain.
Regards S
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 5327
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:44 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics