Drainage and wastage systems and plumbing help, advice and answers

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Stevie19790
Labourer
Labourer

Issues With Hot Water Cylinder and no Hot Water

by Stevie19790 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Hi All,

New to the forum. I'm having trouble with my hot water cylinder. Conventional boiler which seems to work fine. Heating (radiators) all performing as they should. About a week ago we stopped getting hot water! Thank goodness for electric showers and water heater in the kitchen! Anyway, on inspection the feed into the cylinder is warm to touch when the hot water and heating are on. Not as hot as I'd expect but, nevertheless warm to touch. The flow out pipe is cold to touch so clearly not heating the water in the cylinder as it should.

Any thoughts / advise / remedies on what could be causing the problem?

Cheers for reading!

Stevie.

GayEddie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Issues With Hot Water Cylinder and no Hot Water

by GayEddie » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:40 pm

well not sure about your system but I would guess that the motorized valve is faulty or the cylinder stat

JenniferGallagher
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Issues With Hot Water Cylinder and no Hot Water

by JenniferGallagher » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:57 am

Here’s hoping that you already solved this problem! If you find your hot water cylinder unable to produce hot water, then the first thing you have to do is to reset the high-temperature limit on the heater. If that doesn’t do the trick, then check every part of your hot water cylinder to see if there are faulty ones. This happened to me a couple of weeks ago btw, and resetting the high-temperature limit did increase the hotness of our water, but still not that hot enough. Turns out, our thermal store is broken, so we immediately got a new one from World Heat Cylinders. Now our hot water cylinder is up and working again, and I’m praying that no further problems will arise soon.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:27 am