JOINING CABLES
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
goffo
Apprentice
Apprentice

JOINING CABLES

by goffo » Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:01 pm

I HAVE SEVERAL CABLES TO REPAIR FOLLOWING DAMAGE.
WHAT IS THE CORRECT METHOD OF JOINING THEM :roll:

TOPSPARK
Ganger
Ganger

by TOPSPARK » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:42 pm

As your description is unclear i am assuming you mean twin and earth cable. There are several ways but the two i find best depending on the situation are.1.Junction boxes ranging from 20amp to 30 amp these are for 1.0,1.5 and 2.5mm squared twin and earth cable.2. through crimps of various sizes ranging from red for 1.0,1.5mm squared cable for lighting blue for 2.5mm for power for sockets and yellow for 6.0mm for cookers.I also use a ratchet crimper to make sure these connections are tight and then i use insulation tape over them after to make sure they are fully insulated.But this depends on what you need to do and where.You have not said wether they are under floorboards or cables buried in the wall your post is a bit vague more information would help.
regards
Topspark

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:07 am

There are many ways of joining cables. From the resin filled cable joint to a simple junction box.
Consideration must be made as to if the cable needs some form of grip, can it get damp, will it be accessible?
Also voltage and location and size.
The method of joining a 150mm steel wire armored cable to be buried under ground is very different to joining the cable going to a door push.
Eric

goffo
Apprentice
Apprentice

by goffo » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:48 am

THE CABLES IN QUESTION ARE CLEATED ON THIE WALL INSIDE OF MY GARAGE . TO KEEP EVERYTHING TIDY I AM GOING FOR THRO. CRIMPING
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:32 pm