DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Joint compound or polyfilla for flaky paint.

Postby steveburns04 » Fri May 22, 2020 12:55 pm


I recently removed a lot of wallpaper from a house I just bought. There are some bits of cracked paint underneath the wallpaper. I saw a video that showed how to manage them, and the person said to use joint compound after sanding the area down. However I have found it very difficult to find during this pandemic (sold it in most places). Can I just use polyfilla instead? If not, why is this?

Many thanks!
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri May 22, 2020 12:47 pm


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics