just switched shower - no water now - please help!!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
elcaptano
Labourer
Labourer

just switched shower - no water now - please help!!

by elcaptano » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:38 pm

i had an aquatronic 2+ shower which recently became faulty (water was either very hot or very cold).
i attempted to replace this with a second hand aquatronic 1+. as they both had the ame shape backing and interior fittings i just swapped the "inside parts" of the shower over and it seemed to go pretty well.

when i tried to switch it on the power was ok (the indicator light came on) but there was no water coming through. i had turned the stopcock back on to roughly the same pressure, and susequently tried it at a slightly higher pressure but still no sign of water making it through to the shower.

i'm now a bit lost for ideas as to why this is the case.

my previous shower was 8.5kw and my new one is 7.5kw, would this be the problem or could it e the second hand shower i bought was faulty?

any and all help very grateully received,

thanks.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: just switched shower - no water now - please help!!

by htg engineer » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 pm

These do have a thermal cut out, I'm not sure what parts you have changed but it would have been better to have bought the same size/rate of shower. If you have fitted the 8.5kw element to the 7.5kw workings it may be that the flow rate is not sufficient enough to get rid of the heat.

http://www.tritonshowers.co.uk/media/11 ... 0ultra.pdf

Shows the thermal cut off.

elcaptano
Labourer
Labourer

Re: just switched shower - no water now - please help!!

by elcaptano » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

hi htg engineer,

it was the entire shower that i swapped over, i just left the outside casing which i left attatched to the wall.

i did read the rest of the instructions from your link and i'm wondering if maybe i just haven't flushed it correctly if that would make a difference. i'll give it a go anyway, thanks for the help.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:52 pm