Kikngspan
information and advice on general building topics, builders merchants, problem builders, DIY Stores etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Customer1
Labourer
Labourer

Kikngspan

Post by Customer1 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 6:37 am

I have purchased insulation panels for my flat roof the specification on my plans are for Kingspan TR 26 120 which is what I ordered and have paid for, however. There are no markings on the boards to indicate who made them. The product code from Kingspan is ITR followed batch numbers depending on thickness thickness. These do not appear anywhere. I have called and emailed Kingspan for two days with no response to mail or callback. There is nothing on the website. The only thing I have is the merchants delivery note from the driver which is just a piece of paper. Just how do you know if you have the genuine article ?

B4Less
Ganger
Ganger

Re: Kikngspan

Post by B4Less » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:49 pm

: First port of call is to make contact with the company that supplied the insulation and ask them the exact name of the product they supplied. Not all insulation has branding on it so it can be difficult to tell what manufacturer it has come from.
Next would be to check the product packaging if it came with any. That would be a good indication as to what manufacturer it came from. If there was none then it's very difficult to tell unless the supplier tells you.
If the product is PIR and has the same makeup as what you wanted I would not get hung up too much on brand unless the product is of a different material make-up. Ultimately it will do the same job and give the same U-values you wanted.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:36 am