Kitchen Tap Connector - Need Help Identifying Type of Connector and Removing it
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gdh
Labourer
Labourer

Kitchen Tap Connector - Need Help Identifying Type of Connector and Removing it

by gdh » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:13 pm

My kitchen mixer tap is leaking so I'm looking to replace it. The copper tails on the existing tap go into a plastic and metal connector (pictured). Anyone know what type of connector this is and how I remove the old tails and attach the new ones to it?
Attachments
Taps 2.JPG
Taps 2.JPG (18.34 KiB) Viewed 3963 times

proptech
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Kitchen Tap Connector - Need Help Identifying Type of Connector and Removing it

by proptech » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:34 pm

Hi
I don't recognize this particular fitting, but I suspect it works the same as other pushfit fittings in that , to remove you would push the metal component towards the plastic, and pull. To refit simply insert the copper as far as it will go.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Kitchen Tap Connector - Need Help Identifying Type of Connector and Removing it

by plumbbob » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:33 pm

They are certainly not a popular make. I've only seen them once before, Manufactured by Marley and supplied by Plumb Center I believe.

The bad news is, they are tamper proof so are not demountable.

Cut them off.

gdh
Labourer
Labourer

by gdh » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:52 pm

Thanks for the replies.

Plumbob, thanks for the info. I had a feeling they might have to go as the pipes don't budge at all. Good to get it confirmed.

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:31 pm

What you do need to be careful of is the inserts that are in the pipe.

All plastic pipe must have inserts fitted to strengthen the pipe. Whilst you can use any fitting with the pipe, these inserts match the pipe and vary in size between manufacturers.

Try and remove the inserts from the pipe you cut off and re-use them. If they can't be re-used, take the offcut to a plumber's merchant.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:46 pm