DIY Doctor

Kitchen Trim to Cover Gap Between Worktop and Wall

Postby mrtropicana » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:25 am

Hi, I have a problem with my kitchen worktop but I'm not in a position to replace it. The sealant is coming away but the gap is too large to replace it - is there such a thing as kitchen trim that I could use to cover the gap? The image explains it better than I can. Thanks.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:59 am


Gorilla Glue heavy duty grab adhesive

Postby welsh brickie » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:16 pm

you can use pvc quadrant trim
welsh brickie
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 7:54 am

Postby Shaung » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:17 am

I would also ask why that gap has occurred.

From the photo it seems that the gap has grown significantly since when the sealant was first applied, The black wood suggests water has been allowed to continually permeate and warp it. Which is a lot for a block board worktop!

If that is the case a strip of quadrant may not be all the answer as that will not flex to follow the contour of the warp.

Repairing and treating the wood will be critical to ensure the best result going forward.

Then a combination of trim and sealant may do the trick.
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:17 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics