DIY Doctor

Kitchen ventilation fan

Postby Dennis » Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:33 pm

Investigating a faulty fan, I found power to the junction box above and the switches inside. :D
But no joy unless I move the negative cable to the earth terminal, inside the junction box, then everything works. The isolating double-pole switch on the worktop seems to be wired correctly.
Thinking that the inplications are faulty earth I have disconnected the unit.
Anyone any ideas? :?:
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:18 pm


Simply Build It

Postby rhy » Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:22 pm

get a local sparky in just to trace the wiring and then he can connect it up properly and put your mind at rest cause it will be wired correctly and safely.
Rank: Apprentice
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 5
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:29 pm

Postby ericmark » Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:18 am

You have lost the neutral will guess faulty isolator switch but this could easy cause danger and you will be better calling a spark.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics