laminate fitting between doorways.
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mellosoul
Labourer
Labourer

laminate fitting between doorways.

Post by mellosoul » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:00 am

I would like to know how to fit laminate flooring thru doorways on either side so that it is tucked under the jambs please help ??????????????????.

baldy_bob
Labourer
Labourer

Post by baldy_bob » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:53 pm

Take a piece of your laminate and lay it upside down next to your door frame, on top of what ever underlay you are using. With a fine tooth saw resting on top of the laminate saw through the door frame. Remove the waste wood and you can then slide your laminate under the gap.

Remember to leave an expansion gap on both sides of the doorway under the frame or your laminate will be likely to rise up in the doorway..

chris_on_tour2002
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by chris_on_tour2002 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:46 pm

hi baldy bob,

what happens though if you have to start laying the laminate at the opposite end of the room and the laminate runs parallel to the door? i have found that if you slide it under the cut in the door frame you then cannot lift the board to get the angle on it that you need to engage it onto the previous piece.

jonnymhart
Labourer
Labourer

Post by jonnymhart » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:47 pm

I use a chisel under the piece I am putting in then press hard on the edge. This creates enough of an angle to allow it to click. A laminate floor fitting kit makes it a lot easier as the tapping block does not dammage the edges.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 7:31 pm