DIY Doctor

Laying paving slabs around Inspection Holes in garden

Postby mech_man » Sat May 23, 2020 9:50 am

Hi there,

I am planning to extend my patio paving but there are 2 inspection holes (as shown in the photo) near the fence line so I am wondering how to lay the slabs around these?

I would appreciate it if anyone could suggest any solutions please
Attachments
IC Holes.jpg
mech_man
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby stoneyboy » Sat May 23, 2020 9:36 pm

Hi mech_man
You can either cut your slabs around them or replace them with block paving covers so you can lay your slabs in them.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Postby mech_man » Sun May 24, 2020 9:28 am

stoneyboy wrote:Hi mech_man
You can either cut your slabs around them or replace them with block paving covers so you can lay your slabs in them.
Regards S

What should do about pouring the sub-base material around them? coz the plastic tubes would be exposed once the turn is removed.
mech_man
Progress to next rank:
25%

Postby stoneyboy » Sun May 24, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi mech_man,
If you have plastic preformed inspection chambers the lids should be a force fit onto them so your base will just go around them.
Regards S
stoneyboy

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!