leaking bath seal
Fillers, sealants and adhesives for all types of DIY work. Help, advice and information on all aspects of this subject

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Karen777
Apprentice
Apprentice

leaking bath seal

Post by Karen777 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:49 pm

:(
Hello
I live in a tenement and my bathroom has been flooded several times this year by my upstairs neighbours. My neighbours bath has a shower over it. The bath is cast iron and the seal between the bath and the wall tiles is just sealant. This keeps splitting and when it does they might as well point the shower nozzle through the floor into my ceiling! I would like to sort out the problem once and for all. So Please can you tell me what the most effective bath seal is? And how can this be done properly?
I have seen hard plastic seals - are these better than just sealant only?
Thank you for any help.

Karen

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by TheDoctor4 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:33 am

Hi

Have you had a chance to have a look at the DIY Projects area: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm There are several projects relating to the bathroom and various leaks - "Leaking shower or bath" project in particular that may be of some help to you.

Regards

mdpmspitfire
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by mdpmspitfire » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:27 pm

provided the bath is secure and doesnt move, a quality silicon should work well. are you sure water is not splashing over? or comming from somewhere else?

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 2:54 pm