Leaking double glazing
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
philbasford
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking double glazing

Post by philbasford » Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:42 pm

one of my window leaks when it rains, its double glazed, a small damp patch appears at the bottom corner(but only one corner of the window), i thought i had solved the problem, but it seems to be backed, an just wondering what the next step might be.

Ie replaced the sealent, but today the patch of damp was 3 times the size of what it used to be and am now getting rather concerned

Any help would be appreciated!

Ps.

It only gets damp on the inside when the rain is heavy for a decent period of time.

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:21 am

philbasford,
I assume you are saying that the water is coming in around the glass unit.
How are the DGUs sealed into their frames? eg is it a bead of putty, is there a full bead of bevelled putty around the window, is the DGU set in a rubber seal, what sort of frames are they?
end

tim reeve
Tradesman
Tradesman

Post by tim reeve » Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:25 pm

just a guess.Because i have seen this before,you need to take the glass out, the glazing packer is covering drainage hole on one side.hope this helps .email if you want more info.

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:42 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:46 pm