All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sagalout1954
Apprentice
Apprentice

Leaking shower door

by Sagalout1954 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:02 am

Hope I can explain this well enough!

We have a fully tiles shower cubicle. The framework for the shower door does not seem to sit 'tight enough' on the low rise shower tray & there appears to be a minute gap of a mm or two running the whole length (but a touch more pronounced at either end).

It has a thin silicone strip along the outside of the shower frame where it sits on the tray edge, but water appears to be leaking out slightly on either end. One side is making the paint bubble/peel a bit so I imagine the plasterboard is getting wet!

I appreciate that we need to renew the outer silicone to make sure the seal is better, but that won't stop the water from getting under the door frame on the inside, it just won't be able to escape out.

Would it be advisable to try to seal INSIDE the shower frame at the bottom as well, though the instructions that came with the door said "under no circumstances must silicon be applied to the inside"?

Sagalout1954
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Leaking shower door

by Sagalout1954 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Seem to have found the answer to my own question here http://www.showeradvisor.co.uk/water-le ... tray-leaks A definite NO, so will strip off existing external silicon and replace, see if that works.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:21 am