DIY Doctor

Main navigation

Leaking shower tray

Postby candidarom » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:03 pm

Our en-suite shower is leaking again. The water is going into the bedroom carpet and downstairs through the ceiling. We thought replacing the tiles around the plinth had solved the problem but it has started again. We think we need a professional to come in but are not sure wheather we need a plumber, a tiler a builder or someone else. What do you suggest?
How much is it likely to cost?
Rank: Labourer
Progress to next rank:
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:55 am


Simply Build It

Postby htg engineer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:01 pm

Is it definately leaking from around the tiles ? what do you mean by the tiles around the plinth, could it be the waste leaking (trap or pipe) ?

If it's definately from the tray/seal/tiles then you need a tiler, if it's from the waste you need a plumber.

htg engineer
Rank: Project Manager
Posts: 3256
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 5:22 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by

  • DIY How to Project Guides
  • DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!

  • Related Topics