Leaking Toilet Outflow Pipe - Link With Unvented Cylinder?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
SaraJ
Labourer
Labourer

Leaking Toilet Outflow Pipe - Link With Unvented Cylinder?

Post by SaraJ » Sat Feb 02, 2019 8:30 pm

Hi there

I've been having problems with terrible vibration in my flat, always at busy times, such as when people are getting up for work or getting ready for bed on a sunday night...

It's not coming from my flat. If I turn all electricity off (and I don't have gas), it's still happening. In theory all the flats in our block don't have gas, we have unvented water heaters.

My neighbour reports having a noisy water heater, but it's on the far side of the building and he doesn't feel the vibration. In theory he would feel it before me, but then he's up a lot earlier and probably doesn't care that it's going. I'm not sure what to make of his reports as he is the only neighbour that doesn't want to discuss the problem or run checks on appliances with me.

He also has a leaking toilet outflow pipe........only dripping, but sometimes it's dripping a lot and it seems to be at the same time as when the vibration is constant.

I was told he'd converted to gas by another neighbour, who just mentioned it when I asked them if they had any vibration in their flat. But there's no flue on the outside of his building so I guess that's not likely to be correct?

What, if anything to make of the leaking outflow pipe from the toilet? I can't think of anyway this would be linked to an unvented water heater? Can anyone advise on that......one other thing the vibration can happen at any time but more likely during the economy 7 switch on times.........and if you work late and don't sleep between those times you are blasted awake with vibrations running through the bed.

Thanks for any advice. This neighbour is otherwise a good person, just not at all interested in helping me solve this :-(

1 post   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 22, 2024 6:06 am