Leaking Y Splitter Under sink

Postby xsamx1987 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:22 pm

Hello all ok so I fitted a new brass y splitter I will provide link to the exact one i bought

I have used plumbers tape and all new washers

But for some reason I have a slow leak from where it connects on to the main pipe

Is there a special way I should fit it with my hand or a tool?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Splitter-Manifold-Washing-Machine-Connector/dp/B01LVYWN8A/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8
xsamx1987
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby KitchenGuy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 10:56 pm

Don't use plumber's tape, it is not appropriate for this sort of fitting. The knurled end has a rubber washer in it which makes the seal. Putting tape on it would most likely cause it to tighten up before the seal is engaged. Make sure the rubber washer is in place, then just hand tighten, put some grips on the knurled ring and just nip it up, approx a quarter turn or even less. This sort of fitting does not like being over tightened or it will damage the seal.
KitchenGuy
Progress to next rank:
92.3%

Postby collectors » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:51 pm

Looking at the fitting i would of thought some good washers & pipe grip's should be enough. This is assuming you are not fitting any sort of adaptors.
collectors
Progress to next rank:
54.3%

Postby xsamx1987 » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:15 pm

Thanks Guys now seems to be water tight :)
xsamx1987
Progress to next rank:
25%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!