Leaky flat roof
Information, help and advice on maintaining, installing and repairing a flat roof. Post your questions and view answers here

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
benson
Labourer
Labourer

Leaky flat roof

by benson » Thu Mar 27, 2008 11:25 am

Help!!!I want to recover a large flat roof.It had a torchon green felt cap sheet fitted about 3 years ago and has a small leak which I can't seem to locate.I want to find a green mineral torch on cap sheet that will bond straight onto the existing cap sheet.Does such a product exist?what is it called?who makes it?where can I get it?

Thanks
Benson

Gryfiss
Apprentice
Apprentice

Single Ply

by Gryfiss » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:48 pm

I'd stick a single ply fleece backed membrane over the top. And make sure you get a guarantee from the contractor. Should be able to get at least 10 year workmanship and product guarantee if they are any good!

adamc_1986
Labourer
Labourer

by adamc_1986 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:59 am

probably best to get another roll of the same torch on felt which was used before. if you try to use another type of felt it may react and not stick as well as it should do.
for example: if an app torch on was used originally then using an sbs torch on will not be applicable as they will not bond as the polyesters used to create both products is different.

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Local help at hand!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:14 pm

If you would like to find a reliable, insured and vetted tradesman in your area why not click through to the Find a Tradesman area of DIY Doctor: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/ , complete the form and receive up to 5 FREE quotes

tinribs
Labourer
Labourer

leaky flat roof

by tinribs » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:43 pm

had a garage flat roof replaced with rubber instead of felt its now started to leak .it was done about 7 years ago .it was my understanding rubber was suppose to last 20 years. does any body know of a quick fix. but i have a feeling it maybe coming in from next doors roof .we have joining garages and theres is still felt on my neighbours roof so the rubber is sealed over there felt at the joint,but i also have a porch roof that slants down on to the garage and this has no guttering, and when it rains the water just flows off and stays on the flat garage roof and dos,nt flow away.could this be the problem.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: leaky flat roof

by welsh brickie » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:57 am

[quote="tinribs"]had a garage flat roof replaced with rubber instead of felt its now started to leak .it was done about 7 years ago .it was my understanding rubber was suppose to last 20 years. does any body know of a quick fix. but i have a feeling it maybe coming in from next doors roof .we have joining garages and theres is still felt on my neighbours roof so the rubber is sealed over there felt at the joint,but i also have a porch roof that slants down on to the garage and this has no guttering, and when it rains the water just flows off and stays on the flat garage roof and dos,nt flow away.could this be the problem.[/quote]

You can use ISOFLEX to reseal.....

6 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:07 pm