LED lighting for under kitchen cabinets
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
sec79
Apprentice
Apprentice

LED lighting for under kitchen cabinets

by sec79 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:34 pm

I was wandering around Wickes the other day looking at under cabinet lighting and particularly liked the LED strip lighting, but not at £85 per 30cm eek. I think this type of lighting looks very neat.

I've been looking online to try and get a cheaper price, but it appears there are two different types: led strip lighting or led flexible strip lighting. And then there are ones with different number of diodes in - all very confusing. What number of diodes per strip would you recommend I go for? I know 12 is the least, but not sure if this gives off much light.

Can anyone please advise as to what type I would need, and if you've seen places which sell at reasonable prices even better.......

I'm wanting the lighting for under corner cupboards, which is 120cm long one way and 90cm the other way. I presume it would better better if the lighting ran continously along each length aswell. Any help much appreciated thanks.

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 pm

Personal choice, what is reasonable to you may be different to me.
Usually if it's cheap there is a reason why!
KB

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:39 am