Advice and information on tiling and fixing tiles to a variety of surfaces

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mikey1604
Labourer
Labourer

Levelling a toilet pan on to ceramic tile floor

Post by mikey1604 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi,

I have a new ceramic tiled floor in a bathroom. The tiles are level. I have now noticed that the toilet pan is not sitting level as it is not perfectly level at the base. To level up the pan such that it too sits level for the cistern and seat, I need to raise one side by about 3 mm off the tile floor. What is the best material and method for doing this?

Thanks
Mike

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by stoneyboy » Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:54 pm

mikey1604,
Buy some rapid setting cement and rebed the pan.
end

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by rosebery » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:58 am

Release the pan from the floor. Use little wooden wedges to raise the affected side but take care that you dont leave ANY part of the base unsupported. Cut off any parts of the wedges that project beyond the edge. Rescrew the pan down. Apply a bead of silicone to a) seal and b) cover the wedges.

Cheers

OldandGrey
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by OldandGrey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:08 am

If I had tiled this floor I would be a bit cheesed off to have some mortar or whatever chucked on the top to bed the pan into; One of the best reasons a floor is tiled under a pan or pedestal is so that in the future when they might be changed, you can keep the floor and the footprint of the ceramic isn't relevant, i.e. there is no hole in the tiles to cover. I would prefer to go along the route of wedging the pan and securing the wedge(s) carefully so that they were fixed, maybe with a tubed sealant, let that dry hard and then fix the pan over and finish off with a silicone bead around the base.
HTH
Grumpy Old Git

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 4:41 pm