Levelling garage floor
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
acsimpson
Foreman
Foreman

Levelling garage floor

by acsimpson » Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:29 am

My garage floor is uneven. I would ideally like it to have a gently run from back to front but it currently has a few holes (about 1cm deep and a run from the door inward for the 1st quarter of the length.

At the back is a work surface with washing machine under it although I can raise the surface if required it would be extra work.

In the middle is a door with step down (currently about 25cm)

At the front the garage door has a rubber seal which meets the existing concrete and would be hard to adjust for a different height.

Can someone please advise me if there is anyway I can skim the surface of the floor to provide the run off I am looking for or if I would have to redo the whole slab?

If the only option to fix the gradient is redoing the slab I will have to live with it, in which case what would be a good product to smooth the surface before painting or other coat is applied?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

OldandGrey
Apprentice
Apprentice

by OldandGrey » Sat Jun 20, 2009 12:02 pm

I'm not aware of an easy answer to get you your desired finish so the best solution might just be to use a self levelling compound to fill your patches. You can purchase different types of "latex" as we (tilers) call it and I am aware that Wickes sell a variety according to the thickness you need to apply so choose carefully.
HTH
Grumpy Old Git

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:58 pm

For up to 5 FREE quotes from trusted, vetted and insured tradesmen in your area visit the DIY Doctor Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 11:13 am